Saturday, February 6, 2010
All about Jack
It is hard for us to believe that sweet Jack, our first born, our only boy, the big brother and by far the best snuggler is 6 today. Where has the time gone? It truly feels like just yesterday when my water broke and I called my mom at 4am to say "Uh I think I am in labor." We are so proud of who he is growing up to be and how much he takes care of his sisters. Especially Ally whether she likes it or not. Here are just a few of my favorite memories with him:
- The way he uses his long lashes to give you butterfly kisses.
- How he says he will always take care of his mom even when she is old.
- How protective he is of his sister and making sure they don't get hurt, yet then turning around and wrestling them to the ground.
- How from day 1 he has always been a snuggle bug.
- How much he loves being Sox's "owner"
- Last Christmas when he snuck downstairs and opened up quite a few christmas gifts that were not his. But they were the biggest presents he saw.
- The excitement in his face when he has mastered something new from school.
- The thrill of making goals and hitting a baseball over and over again.
- When he is laying in bed and he says in the sweetest sadest voice "I miss Nama!"
- All the balloons from his own birthdays that he has wanted to send to Auntie Meggan and GG in heaven.
- The freckles, oh the freckles I love them to death! And how he laughs when I say I am going to scrub the freckles off of his face.
- His excitement in seeing Obama's house this past summer
- His anticipation and questions of what it will be like to go to Disney World this summer
- His excitement at making his sister a valentine's card this year made out of hearts he made all on his own.
We look forward to the many more years of birthday seasons and we are so glad you were born. You are a shining star in our eyes and will always be! Love ya bud!