So, the recipe of the day is Gingerbread cookies. This recipe came from my parent's neighbor, Joanne Kapps. When we got married Joanne had given me this recipe at our wedding shower. Along with the Raspberry Pecan bars (which I will put out here tomorrow). These are the best Gingerbread cookies I have ever tasted. I dare you to try them.
1 cup of Butter
2/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Light Corn Syrup
2/3 cup Honey
1 tsp. grated lemon rind (I don't always use this, just depends on if I have it on hand)
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. clover
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda
4 1/2 cup Sifted Flour
1) Cream butter and brown sugar together.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients except for the flour. Mix together
3) Gradually add the flour in. The dough should be soft.
4) Chill. Keep dough in refrigerator, remove 1/4 and roll to 1/8 inch thickness.
5) Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees
6) When they have cooled decorate with Royal Frosting.
7) In small mixing bowl put 1 1/2 cup Sifted Powder Sugar, 1 egg white, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1/4 tsp. vanilla. Use electric mixer and mix until stiff. Use food coloring if desired.
8) Be sure to keep the frosting covered because it dries out fast.
ENJOY from our home to yours!!